Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Little Lucy Love


I know all moms probably say this, but my Lucy is something special. She makes everyone's day. We were in Target checking out. Lucy started blowing kisses at the cashier, something she does all the time without prompting, and of course it made her day. I said, "This girl just gives love away all day long. She is always blowing kisses to just about everyone." The cashier responded, "That usually means she must have a lot of love to give." Made my day! I must be doing something right!

Anyways, I wanted to catch you up on the little "peanut," as my mother-in-law calls her. Share some of her "loves."

Love #1: Strawberries...as you can see.



She eats it like an apple...and makes a mess. But it's a cute mess so I just let her do it. I need to buy some more Oxy-Clean! There's a Strawberry farm about a mile from our house, we love to go. They have fresh ice cream, flowers, and sweet people. Lucy gave her half-eaten strawberry to a woman in her 80s and it made that lady's day! The things she gets away with...

Love #2: The Beach!


Look at her go! She walked the ENTIRE time we were at the beach last week. She would run up to the water, let the waves crash over her feet then turn around and run away. It was so much fun to see her play with the ocean. It is definitely one of Ben and I's favorite things--the ocean; there was something so special about watching her. Okay, you may be looking at this picture and thinking, "look at how little she is!"  She is SO tiny! People often look at her and say, "She is too little to be walking and doing that!"

Love #3: Headbands. This is also one of my loves! What baby keeps a headband on? In fact, in church Sunday she was going around to different people, handing them her headband so they would put it back on her. I think she loves to hear, "Wow, pretty Lucy!" What girl doesn't?




Love #4: Flowers She will pick them and smell them and give them away. It is so sweet, especially to see how happy she makes the lucky recipient of her smashed up flower...


Love #5: Lady Bug Lucy loves this little friend. She gives her hugs and kisses and you better give Ladybug hugs and kisses too! It is so sweet at night to put her blanket over the two of them! Nice to know she's got a cuddle bug with her. 

I could go on and on and on. But I'll spread out the Lucy Love because you may be needing some next week! I am loving being her mom in so many ways. She is full of surprises! Hope she made your day, she always makes mine.

Jenny:)



1 comment: