Monday, February 4, 2013

Kitchen face lift: Progress

I was driving home from the gym Saturday and was thinking about my kitchen. There all these things I'd love to do in there but one thing was getting in the way: the wall color--periwinkle blue, as pictured below.


I've put up with it since we moved in and I had enough...I texted Ben, who was working,"would it be crazy if I painted the kitchen?" He wrote back, "you are crazy!" I was already at Home Depot!


On my way to Home Depot I stopped at Benjamin Moore to get a few swatches of grays...nothing holds a candle to Benjamin Moore colors, and nothing holds a candle to behr paint and primer..it is the best!



I went with bm's "platinum gray." It wasn't too dark or too light. I have some blue countertops going on so things needed to be neutralized. And get this...I painted the entire kitchen--2 coats--with a quart of paint! That's right Home Depot lady--in yo face. How did I do it? With lots of prayer and my mad paintin skills.




I love it and now my other project looks lovely up against my pretty gray wall... My coffee bar!
Ben and I LOVE coffee. I also don't have much counter space do I was excited to free up the clutter and create a little nook. Ben loves it:) the wall behind my kitchen table was blank for so long...I had no idea what to do with it..but it gradually came together. Thanks to my mom and grandmother for finding that awesome yellow buffet! Old window and chalkboard paint makes a great way to display the menu for the week. White plates from the thrift store and art from Marshall's on clearance for $7 makes very cool wall behind the kitchen table..












You can see the gray wall color a little better in the above picture. It was hard capturing with all the light, I need to make curtains! I cannot wait to make them..













No comments:

Post a Comment