Monday, October 1, 2012

100 Days

      Happy October 1st! Last month Ben shared with me that the Lord told him we were to have a really good Fall. Now everyone has different interpretations of "good." We start to develop expectations...Man I am learning more and more that expectations are often a set up for disappointment,  but that's another post! I am anticipating that the Lord is going to bless us in unexpected ways. Fall/Autumn technically began September 22, my birthday :), but I think when Ben heard it, he thought, October. So it is October 1. Ben and I had an incredible date last night. The first in a long time. We went to this really cool place downtown and I had the most incredible glass of wine (it's affect on me felt like more than a glass wink wink) and truly enjoyed each other. I talked and talked, Ben just looked at me...good has begun.



Then this morning I woke up at 3:45am. Laid there for about 20 minutes and couldn't go back to sleep...The thoughts of having a few hours to myself with the Lord got me out of bed. Now let me back up a bit...I asked the Lord what He had for me this year of being 28, He said, "Grace." The kind of grace that empowers and ignites your endeavors. When the Lord spoke,"Good Fall" to Ben I think that is what He means. Grace. Grace to really do things that are in our hearts that seem so hard to actually do. Grace to Overcome Obstacles I know there will be "off" days mixed in, but I really believe what He spoke. There will be a powerful Grace on us....To Really Seek Him. To Experience Him. To Encounter Him. To KNOW Him. Intimately. To be better at life because of His Grace that empowers.  I mean, I can't really plan a morning like I am having right now. It's Him. There is no denying it. He is good. SO good.


So I'm doing this 100 Days thing that I discovered at Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience. It is a profound blog. Go see it. She gets it. I have not read her book, but hope to soon. You can read about the 100 Days here. I could not find an actual post on it, she talks about it in lots of her posts. You can also print out your own 100 Days if you get inspired. I discovered this a few days ago and just happened to begin today, oh it's October 1st, that's cool. See, it's little things like that that really woo me. For the 100 days you pick 3 things you're going to attend to every day. My Three Things are:
#1: I am memorizing Philippians.
#2: I am going to Blog every day.
#3: I am going to drink 8 glasses of water a day.

I have been wanting to be a better student of the Word, what better way than to engrave it in my mind and heart? Ben and I talked about it last night. We are doing it together. So I was not quite sure what to memorize, and I came across Philippians. My Bible's intro to Philippians says, "Although he is in prison, this letter from Paul brims with the theme of Christian Joy." For those of you that don't know, my husband works in the jail. Finding joy is a major battle. I would say this is.....Grace.




I am in the process of starting a new blog. For now, I will work on developing the habit by using the blog I have now, and will work on my new blog so that it starts strong.  I feel I have finally found my niche in the blogging world. I'm excited about it. I believe He will empower and ignite my endeavor, Grace.

With all my coffee and wine drinking...I am pretty dehydrated. I need more water. Today I memorized Philippians 1:6, 9-11. I decided not to memorize every verse. But I will do most of it. Some I don't feel necessary. But here is what I've gotten so far, I want to practice with you :)

"I am confident in this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of our Lord Jesus Christ...My prayer for you is this, that your love will abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may discern what is best and may be pure and blameless on the day of Christ Jesus, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Christ--glory and praise to God."

Did I get it right? Check for me, it's NIV Translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment